Two days into the meetings and discussions of the process flows, I could hardly understand anything about the subject matter; so much so I was given an option to go back to my routine work. Three months later, I get an award for handling a module in entirety. Though this incident is a personal victory for me, NEEV was an extraordinary 9-month journey; a milestone in my modest professional career.
We as Finance people, are always after due dates and usually work on the after parts of any project. NEEV gave us an opportunity to be involved right from the inception, witnessing every phase of the project execution and the system coming together and taking shape. And all of this in a remarkably limited time. The most beautiful part of the project was that no two days were the same; probably exactly what kept everybody on their toes. It gives me a feeling of immense satisfaction and accomplishment to see something, which I have worked on, come into being and to be a part of the history of the organization.
For me personally, the project was overwhelming in all senses. I have laughed and cried with the same intensity during the Project. I have garnered loads of learnings and knowledge flowing around all the while. There were days where I just needed a break, and some where I just wanted to get things done right in the system. I met some amazing people on the project and was fortunate to have superb seniors and a wonderful team to work with. Be it discussions or completing a task, egos took a backseat, you are welcome if you have anything to contribute. Seasons kept changing at the monthly Floor connect, the target of going live on 1st April 2024 remained undisturbed. The leap of faith is now a dream coming true.
I now understand that there's one outcome when you put your head to doing something; it's an altogether different story when you pour your heart. I am highly grateful to be a part of this magnificent journey. NEEV will always hold a special place in my heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment