Thursday, 22 December 2016

Happy Realisations

You know you are growing up when you realise that all that your parents had said once, is actually true. These days, I can actually see myself growing into thoughts. This is what growing up feels like. And it's beautiful. Yes, I am having my share of bad days, too. Sometimes, the worst of them. But that is what is helping me to be a better person. So here are a few "Happy Realisations" I have had/am having in the past few months or maybe years. Those reading would have already had some. If not, wait for them.

1. Nothing can replace family and nobody can love you more than your parents do.

2. Nobody cares. Neither the best of your friends, and of course, never your enemies. In the end, it is you who has to take care of your ownself.

3.You are much stronger than you think you are. And much braver and courageous than you can imagine. So do/do not drink beer. But do fuck fear. Fear puts you in a boundary when you can fly high. You can conquer what you had only dreamed about, when you face your fears.

4. What goes around, definitely comes around. Perhaps, it may come much harder and faster. So beware!

5. Time needs time. And patience is the biggest virtue one can have.

6. In the smallest of things, in the worst of experiences and people, there is always something to learn. Not necessarily do we like every person we meet. But I believe that there is at least one good thing the other person has which you don't.

7. Never feel inferior to anyone. You yourself are very special.(and sometimes awesome too :-P)

8. Self pity only weakens you. Do not be lenient with yourself. Not at least when you know you are at fault.

9. Come what may, always, always,always show up. Regret is a very bad feeling. Missing out on things is missing an experience, whether good or bad.

10. Read. Read. Read. And read more. This is something I know I should do and even I love to. But somehow I do not get addicted to books. Reading gives you wisdom. It is an escape into another world where you can let loose your strings of imagination. It is you who will make it or break it.

11. Never compare yourself with anyone. When I was not selected in the National Basketball team once, my father had brought me a paper with a quote written over it. 'Don't compare yourself with anyone in this world. If you do so, you are insulting yourself.' I had put it on my bookshelf at that time and I still have it. You are born to be different from others.

12. It does not cost anything to be a good person. Be kind.Always.:-)

13. Let the bygones be bygones. Clinging on to the past which can no more be amended wastes your time and energy. Let that shit go.

14. Like they say "Empty mind is devil's workshop". And once the devil feels at home in your mind, it doesn't go away. Be busy. Engage yourself in things. When you are idle, you stop thinking. It rottens your brain activity on which the devil breeds happily.

15. F.R.I.E.N.D.S. is the best TV series, SRK is the King, nothing can beat Harry Potter and Harvey Specter is the best closer. ( This is a subjective realisation ).


P.S.-The list is inexhaustible and will be updated as and when.

Mayura Prabhudesai
December 22,2016.



No comments:

Post a Comment